|Season 2, Episode 5|
|Air date||October 20, 2016|
|Written by|| Shelley Meals|
|Directed by||Daisy von Scherler Mayer|
A car accident that occurs at the Chicago Marathon leaves a victim in critical condition and tests the mettle of Dr. Halstead, April and her fourth-year medical resident brother Noah, who must perform a difficult procedure in the field.
A mother brings in her 8-year-old girl experiencing a sudden hearing loss, and Dr. Manning is left to tend to the case, which takes a complicated turn.
Dr. Choi deals with Olga, a woman who is malnourished, prompting him to bring in Dr. Charles to help assess the case. Meanwhile, Goodwin takes measures to get her personal life in order.
- Colin Donnell as Connor Rhodes
- Nick Gehlfuss as Will Halstead
- Torrey DeVitto as Natalie Manning
- Oliver Platt as Daniel Charles
- Yaya DaCosta as April Sexton
- Brian Tee as Ethan Choi
- Rachel DiPillo as Sarah Reese
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Sharon Goodwin
- Marlyne Barrett as Maggie Lockwood