|Season 2, Episode 1|
|Air date||September 22, 2016|
|Written by|| Michael Brandt|
|Directed by||Arthur W. Forney|
Dr. Choi navigates life as the new chief resident and finds the road a bit rocky, while Dr. Charles approaches Sarah with an interesting opportunity that catches her off-guard.
Elsewhere, April works to come to terms with her recently discovered illness and Dr. Manning deals with a complicated case involving a pregnant woman who was a victim in a high speed collision.
Meanwhile, Dr. Halstead takes exception to the actions of fourth-year medical student Jeff Clarke, whose past history with Dr. Manning may be a factor. Sharon Goodwin tries to pick up the pieces and move on with her life in the aftermath of Bert leaving.
- Colin Donnell as Connor Rhodes
- Nick Gehlfuss as Will Halstead
- Torrey DeVitto as Natalie Manning
- Oliver Platt as Daniel Charles
- Yaya DaCosta as April Sexton
- Brian Tee as Ethan Choi
- Rachel DiPillo as Sarah Reese
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Sharon Goodwin
- Marlyne Barrett as Maggie Lockwood